Thursday, August 21, 2014

First Instructable Ever: Plastic Canvas Yarn Daffodils

I still have the first project I ever posted to Instructables: Plastic Canvas Yarn Daffodils. I posted it on March 3rd, 2011. I was always unhappy with my pictures and how the flowers didn't really stay on the stems well, so I thought I would fix them up quick and take another picture of them. I wanted to share it here.

They aren't the prettiest things I've ever made, but I'm pretty proud of them. They were made, originally, so I could enter the Lion Brand: Build with Yarn Contest. I remember when I entered there were not that many entries, so I was psyched because I thought I had good chances at getting something, but then they extended the deadline so they could get more entries and my ugly little daffodils never stood a chance.

The first time I used plastic canvas for crafting was in Middle School. Summer School in Middle School involved picking fun classes (like jewelry making, board games, stained glass, etc) and one involved working with yarn and plastic canvas. I only remember a few things I made, which were two little bookmarks and a ladybug. I know I made more than that, but that's all that is left in my memories. I do remember enjoying making them and that the number one rule the teacher had was no wet yarn; meaning you were not supposed to lick your yarn to get it to go through the eye of the needle easier.


Nobody else liked summer school, but I thought it was fun to be able to learn so many things. While going there, I learned how to cross stitch, how to do stained glass and how to work with plastic canvas. Fun times :)

Make sure to check out the Instructable if you have any interest at all in making these cute little daffodils!

No comments:

Post a Comment