Friday, August 29, 2014

More Reading Material - Children's Books



I went back to the library yesterday to drop off some of my due books and picked up a few more. I decided to grab a few by Jack Prelutsky and Shel Silverstein since I want to write more like them.

Jack Pretulsky: My Parents Think I'm Sleeping and My Dog May Be a Genius
Shel Silverstein: Where the Sidewalk Ends and Falling Up

I didn't want to deprive everyone of their books so I just checked out a couple of each. Though, there were quite a few with Jack's name on them. I know I have read him before, but I don't think I realized how much he has written. It is going to be fun to read through these poems again. I know I remember some of Shel's and I hope They are in these books. I was never good at remember where I saw each poem. I remember the Boa Constrictor one but haven't come across it yet.

Well, less writing and more reading now.

Side note: I remember Jack Prelutsky most for being on the kid's tv show: Arthur and reading "Jellyfish Stew".

No comments:

Post a Comment